Click on the “…” button on the bottom right of the magazine cover and chose the “view all back issues” option.
Most Common Questions
You can read magazines offline by following these steps in advance, while you have an internet connection:
- Sign into the Texture app
- Download the magazines you want to read later:
- For iPad® tap "···" or press and hold on the cover of the issue, then choose "Download Issue"
- For iPhone® and iPod® touch, swipe left and tap "···" or press and hold on the cover of the issue, then choose "Download Issue"
- For Android™, tap on the download button in the lower-right corner of the thumbnail image of the issue you wish to read offline
- For Windows® 8 & 10, swipe down across a particular issues and choose "Save"
- The magazine will then complete downloading and be permanently saved on your tablet, until you remove it.
- Do not log out of the app
- When you're offline go to the app to read the magazines you have downloaded
Swipe down from the top of any magazine in your personal library to reveal the title management tools, then tap ‘Autoload New Issues’. If enabled, the app will automatically download the latest issue of the magazine, even when the app is not open. The device must be connected to Wi-Fi. When a magazine is downloaded, you can enjoy it without being connected to the Internet. When an issue is fully downloaded, it will appear with a blue downloaded icon in the lower right corner.
If you have already upgraded to the newest version of Texture and you are still not seeing the latest magazine releases in your library, please try the following: - Sign out and sign in to the Texture app, then try again. - Power the tablet off and back on. You will have to hold the power button for several seconds and then the tablet will ask you "Would you like to shut down?" > click OK. If you don't see this question, the tablet isn't truly off, it's just in sleep mode. Then try again. - Clear the application's memory and data (note: this will erase the downloaded magazine issues on the tablet and log you out). From your Android™ Applications Menu: Settings > Apps > Texture > Force Stop Tap Clear Cache [OK] Tap Clear Data [OK] Restart application and try again If the suggestions above do not help, please contact Customer Support.