Android™ Tablet User Guide
Table of contents
Make sure you have a supported tablet with an Internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi).
Device Requirements: Texture is available for any tablet that runs Android 4.0 and up and has a screen aspect ratio of 16:10 or 16:9.
Texture is also compatible with Android phones (see the Android Phone User Guide).
The User Guide provides you a hands-on tour of top new features in the Texture app.
· One consistent experience: All titles in your personalized library are read through one easy-to-use app, with a common navigation method and consistent user interface throughout, so you can focus on the content and not how to use the app.
· My Favorites and Categories: Organize the magazine titles you enjoy most, either as favorites or in categories such as Health & Fitness.
· Background download: Tap on the download cloud icon of any magazine issue to save it, i.e. keep it locally stored on your Android device.
· Automatic downloading: The app includes an Automatic Download feature so large files and long download times don"t get in the way of reading what you want right away.
· Carousel: The beautiful carousel experience allows you to visually see all the content available in the magazine and rapidly navigate through it.
· Storage management: Manage how much storage space the Texture app can access by tapping on "Storage" in the settings menu.
· Enhancements: Get all the great interactive features of your favorite magazines including video, audio, slideshows, tap-to-reveal active elements, in-article scrolling, quizzes, and embedded web content.
2. A single personal library: Open the app and see your Favorites library. No more islands of apps for each title with different navigation and look and feel. Now you can browse, manage and read all your favorite magazines in one place.3. Categories: After you have signed up for an Unlimited plan and signed in to the Texture app, swipe in from the left edge of the screen or tap the menu icon, then tap "Categories".
4. My Favorites: In the Categories page, you can quickly add a magazine to your Favorites by tapping the star icon in the lower-left corner. When the star turns from grey to blue, it's been added to your Favorites.
5. Your selections will now appear in your My Favorites library.
6. Tap on a title to see all issues of that magazine available for you to read.
7. Tap on any issue to open it. You do not have to wait for the magazine to fully download to start reading. You can also tap the cloud icon to download an issue for later reading.
8. To delete a single issue that has been downloaded, tap the "x" ( ) below that issue.
9. Automatic Download: The first time you open a magazine you will be prompted to set up automatic downloading. If enabled, the app will automatically download the latest new issue of the magazine, even when the app is closed. Users can choose up to 12 of their selected magazine titles to automatically download. Automatic downloads take place over Wi-Fi connections only and occur once a day. When a magazine is downloaded, you can enjoy it without being connected to the Internet.
10. You can always come back and modify your automatic download settings by tapping the Menu icon in the top left corner, tapping "Settings" in the slide-out menu, then selecting "Autodownload Settings".
11. Downloaded page: It's easy to manage the magazines which are stored on your device and can be read while you're offline. Tap the Menu icon in the top left corner, tap Downloaded, then simply tap a cover to read, or tap the "x" ( ) to remove a downloaded issue.
2. Enhancements: Many magazines include enhancements. Tap on active elements throughout the magazine to jump to other pages inside the magazine, play videos, view slide shows and much more.
3. Tap anywhere on the page that doesn't have interactive elements (such as video, photo galleries and some ads) to view the top and bottom navigation bars.
4. The section wheel will inform you about which section you are currently in.
5. Carousel: Move the slider icon ( ) in the bottom navigation bar to enter the unique and beautiful carousel. No more getting lost when navigating. The carousel allows you to rapidly navigate through a magazine, while seeing keywords and more information about each page. You can either drag the slider right or left or directly flip through the pages.
6. You can go back to the library by pressing the left arrow ( ) in the top left corner.
Once you reach the storage limit you've set, the app will delete the earliest-read content first to make space for the new issues. Don't worry, all your magazines are stored in the cloud, and you can always re-download them again.
2. In Settings you can also manage Notifications. Slide "on" if you want an email or a device notification each time a new issue of your favorite magazines is available.3. If you are experiencing problems with the app or have questions, open the slide-out menu and tap Help, then "Support & FAQ". Or simply open a web browser and visit http://support.texture.ca
Thanks for taking the time to explore Texture. Now, with a single app and unlimited access plans, you can experience enhanced editions of the world's most popular magazines, custom-designed for tablets.